Local SEO: Get on the Map!
Local & Map SEO boosts your website in search engines and in the maps in smart phones, tablets, and PCs.
About 30% of all web searches have local intent. Use of print yellow page books is below 20% of searches for local business and declining steadily.
Most local SEO is done once and will endure for years.
Your local search presence will help your website’s overall positions in the search engines’ main results (as distinct from map and smartphone searches) via the “blended” or “universal” search algorithms which the search engines use to embed local results.
Beware of rampant scams. Several companies, including respectable ones like Yahoo, are now hard-selling “automatic” submissions to tons of local directories, and they are way over-priced for the quality of (automatic) work done, if not outright scams.
Who Should Do It
Every business should do Local SEO. Large businesses with many branches do it. Of course small businesses selling locally should definitely do it. Small businesses selling nationally still benefit from the equivalent of free yellow page book advertising, for surely any business wants local as well as nation-wide business.
Why It Works
The top search engines use various ways to include local businesses without the businesses doing anything. Also, an increasing number of businesses have done some initial registration with local search resources, like Google Places. However, a recent study reported in Forbes and The Financial Times shows that 43% of businesses have errors in their registrations that cost 10 billion in lost business. DISC’s Local & Map SEO completes this process to maximize the chances of top placement for a larger variety of relevant searches. There’s much more to it than just setting up a Google Places page or the like.
The top search engines buy access to many databases, some that existed before the web and some popular web-based ones. Complete and consistent registration among these databases increases your chances of top positions for the greatest variety of relevant search phrases. DISC’s Local SEO package accomplishes this completeness.
Consider just a few of the hundreds of variations of the search, “construction firms in Greenfield MA”:
- construction companies in the greenfield area
- contractors in franklin county
- Home re-modelers in western mass
- Home remodeling businesses in bernardston
- Greenfield area general contractors
- Home carpenters in Greenfield
- Such variations are endless, and the locations from which the searches are done vary widely as well.
Nobody ranks well for more than a small fraction of all such variations. (And increasingly each individual sees different, somewhat personalized results in the search engines, and positions vary daily.) Yet a small handful of good rankings often catapult your business.
Just as no doctor can guarantee a cure, we can’t promise more than that you’ll get efficient best practices to maximize your chances of being found. Your likelihood of great ROI is high. You can track results via your various local resource logins or your website server statistics if you have a website.
- DISC will contact you to gather a page of information necessary for registrations.
- DISC will schedule a couple of hours in which, on the phone and in email immediately, you verify accounts with each local search provider.
- You receive a spreadsheet that lists the local search databases with which we registered your business, what descriptions and categories were used, and login information so that you can update your listings should you change hours, location, phone number, etc.
- If you have a website, we will instruct you on including your address in a format that search engines can identify as your business address, which reinforces your local search results. Local SEO works whether or not you have a website.
- Many of these local search destinations are adding optional features that allow you to further highlight your business, get reviews, offer discounts and specials, or make other announcements. About 80% of the effectiveness of Local SEO comes merely from getting all of your listings correctly entered, but once a year or so, it’s worth a brief consultation to consider these up-sells and any new options within the likes of Google+ for Businesses, Yelp.com, and the others.
- $1500, with quantity discounts on more than one location
- $350 for a Do-It-Yourself training package when we gather at least 4 businesses. We have to update the darn thing almost every time because the best practices change so rapidly, so we wait until we have a bunch of businesses signed on. Please contact us with your interest, as we may have about the minimum group ready to go right now.